Today on Tommy T’s Obsession With The Freeperati – Mormon uprising edition

Good morning,campers!
Virgo Tex thought that it’d be really funny to put Bosco in the bleach sprayers, so we’re going to have to go in the back way today. No biggie.

First up – one of Jim Robinson’s biggest (and probably least stingy) group of supporters goes rogue in –Freeperville – when Mormons attack!‏

New Mormon anti-freeper site and campaign to bankrupt FR
rumor mill | March 29, 2009 | Jim Robinson

Posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:35:03 PM byJim Robinson
I understand there is a new anti-freeper site started by disgruntled
former and present Mormon FReepers and it is their intention of
bankrupting FR during the coming Freepathon by withholding their
donations and disrupting our activities. Well, all I can say is, if
they feel that badly against FR, by all means they should withhold
their donations and drop out of FR. But it they attempt to disrupt our
operations I will guarantee they will no longer be members of FR. If
that is their wish, so be it.
I’m not going to try to defend FR from their claims of religious
persecution, but I will say that Mormons have and always have had free
reign to post their threads on FR just as all other religious groups
have enjoyed. Free Republic defends the right to freedom of religion
and has always welcomed religious discussion and always will. And
Mormons have always been welcome here. I have absolutely nothing
against Mormons.
If you are one who has left or is leaving, I wish you well, but disruption of FR is not welcome and will not be tolerated.
And this is not the first time such activity has been attempted by
groups of disgruntled former FReepers. Good luck with that. There is
always some group that feels FR should be bent to their way of thinking
and end up saying my way or the highway. Well, I don’t know about you,
but I’m not changing so I guess it’s the highway. Is it Feb 8 yet?
God bless.

1 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:35:04 PM byJim Robinson

Ya gotta love that one of the keywords is “disruptions”, even though no one’s done anything yet.

To: Jim Robinson
I’m shocked and disappointed.
2 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:36:36 PM bytrisham (Zen is not easy. It takes effort to attain nothingness. And then what do you have? Bupkis.)

To: Jim Robinson
If only Romney were a black lesbian woman, he would be a lock. LOL

3 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:37:56 PM bycripplecreek (The poor bastards have us surrounded.)

If Romney was a black lesbian woman, youstill wouldn’t be getting laid, just for an entirely different reason.

To: Jim Robinson
Can we get the mccainiacks to leave as well?

6 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:42:20 PM byimahawk (Life is tough.It’s even tougher when you’re stupid.)

Heh.

To: Jim Robinson
This is astonishing stuff.
I have been reading this post for a few minutes now and frankly, I am very surprised to learn of this.
I certainly do not see eye to eye with LDS, but on political issues I
have long thought that most have their heads screwed on right.

10 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:45:29 PM byRadix (Two down, 46 to go.)

Marriages of political expedience only work when you’re actuallyin power.
Otherwise, it’s back to “My Deity can beat up your Deity”.

To: Jim Robinson
There is always some group that feels FR should be bent to their way of thinking and end up saying my way or the highway

Yepper, and the h*** with them.

11 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:45:47 PM byvalkyry1

Who Would Jesus ZOT?

To: Jim Robinson
A pledge is a legally-recognized debt.
Sell them to debt collectors.

15 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:46:50 PM byMeanWestTexan (Beware Obama’s Reichstag Fire.)

You know, that is probably the mostRepublican thing I have ever read on Free Republic.

div class=”EC_a2″ style=”margin-left: 40px;”>To: All

Everyone wave to the anti-FReepers, they’re reading this thread.
[waves, blows kiss]
16 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:48:39 PM by1rudeboy

(waves back, sells kiss to debt collectors)

To: Jim Robinson
Can we start by ZOTING those stupid mormon threads sixty times a day,
seven days a week attempting to brainwash us into believing it is a
real religion?

17 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:48:55 PM bystockpirate (We the People should not look for the GOP to save us, they are part of the problem)

To: Jim Robinson
These are no doubt the same Palin bashing pro-Romney posters investing out site.

20 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:50:38 PM bystockpirate (We the People should not look for the GOP to save us, they are part of the problem)

To: Jim Robinson
Crazy Jim…just crazy.
Those that feel that way should go take their frustrations out over at the DailyKOS.
How does hurting this excellent grassroots platform help in their
cause? You are only enabling and empowering the very groups that
despise you – the Mormon.

I’ve got a fiver for the reader who can explain those last two sentences to me.
On second thought, never mind – some things are better left unexplored.

Maybe before you cast your stones at an American Patriot – Jim
Robinson, you should spend time reflecting on what it really means to
be a Mormon. Apostle Paul had something to say about this:
“Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that
they breed quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but
kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting
his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance
leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may escape from the snare
of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.”
We need to stand together at this time whereour very existence in under the largest assault in history of our country.

No, you have Mormons confused with $cientologists.
They do have an ethics condition called “non-existence”, but I don’t think it’s the same thing.

We need to focus solely onthe core principles that will keep us
together
instead of focusing on particulars that would otherwise drive
us apart.

Like money.

Do not underestimate our enemy. Remember the person that was least
likely to ever be elected President of our great Republic has been put
in office.
We need to set aside our differences and focus on preserving our Constitution and Republic through the tenacity FREEPER’s have.
Let’s focus our energies on turning our country around and ending the era of Political Correctness once and for all.
At this time in history we all need to rise above the fray and make that continued commitment to see this through.
Without grassroots efforts like Free Republic we don’t stand a chance!

18 posted onSunday, March 29, 2009 4:50:15 PM bysurfer

Surfer – dude – I totally hate to be the one to tell you, but you haven’t stood a chance since the American People woke up and tossed you on the slag heap of history. Sucks to be you.

All, right, adjust your masks and air supplies, cause there’s lots more after the jump.
(looks at reflection in airlock door and slowly removes bunny ears from head)

Verry funny. Verrry funny.
(glares at Pansypoo)