Weekend Question Thread

You can select one person from history and ask them a question they have to answer honestly.

Who would you pick, and what would you ask?

24 thoughts on “Weekend Question Thread

hitler. was it worth it?

2. UAFA says:

Jesus.
    Was it worth it? How does it feel knowing your words are being used by cafeteria “Christians” to deny civil rights to some people?

3. Spocko says:

Eisenhower: Roswell. Did aliens really crash. Can I see them? Why did you hide them?

4. Spocko says:

That previos was three questions. Sorry.
    The other Kennedy shooter: who hired you?

5. Pistolette says:

The prophet Mohammad… Do you think this cartoon is funny?

6. Robert M. says:

Truman: you really think we didn’t have any other options?

7. Interrobang says:

William Lyon McKenzie King: “If I told you those people were going to their certain deaths, would you still turn them away?”

8. BuggyQ says:

Henry VII: What really happened to the princes in the Tower?

9. Grant says:

Catherine the Great: Was it worth it?

10. Ayn Rand, “Did you ever consider interpretive dance instead of literature as a venue to spread your economic ideas? It’s the wave of the future, trust me. I come from 2009.”

11. The Other Sarah says:

The guy who let Khomeini escape to Paris.
    WTF were you THINKING?????

12. Dideau says:

George H.W. Bush, did you ever consider birth control? Why the f++k not, you MF?

13. …Dick Cheney, do you ever feel even a teeny twinge of inadequacy as a result of your stalwart efforts to avoid the draft (all of which efforts were expended in the early days of the Vietnam War when it still had broad public support) when you are forced into the presence of other public figures like Bob Kerrey, John Kerry, Jim Webb, Chuck Hagel, and even – God love ‘im – John McCain?

14. less Isbetter says:

To the pope in Rome: Do you actually believe any of the crap that your pious church spouts, I mean except the internal rules that you get all the money?

15. joel hanes says:

to Pierre de Fermat, around 1640 :
    would you consent, Monsieur, to work out your proof that

It is impossible to separate a cube into two cubes, or a fourth power into two fourth powers, or in general, any power higher than the second into two like powers

on this capacious roll of foolscap that I have secured just for this purpose?

16. mdh says:

John Adams: Are you ready for your second term?

17. montag says:

Ah, well, most of the people I would ask such a question of are (were) so completely delusional that I would just get their version of truth, like so much autobiography. It’s really pointless, for example, to expect someone like George W. Bush or Dick Cheney or Karl Rove (or Hitler, for that matter) to come clean about what they’ve done, because they all see themselves as servants to some higher purpose, and an essential in such is believing one’s own bullshit.
    So, rather than asking for the truth, which can always be shaded, I’d rather ask a simpler question of Lee Harvey Oswald. Just tell meeverything that happened to you from 1957 to November 24th, 1963.

18. hoppy says:

John Kennedy: Why didn’t you visit South Dakota that day in November?
    Martin Luther King, Jr.: Was the Memphis strike really that important?

19. montag says:

John Kennedy: Why didn’t you visit South Dakota that day in November?
    Martin Luther King, Jr.: Was the Memphis strike really that important?

Well, that’s sort of an interesting twist on “blame the victim.”

20. Adrastos says:

I’d made like a modern reporter and ask Henry Adams: was your relationship with Lizzie Cameron really unconsumated?

21. John O says:

Jesus: Did you have any children?

22. Linkmeister says:

Dan Brown: Can you write any worse than you already do?

23. gilead says:

Socrates: Can I ask you a question?

24. bikelib says:

The Criminal Justice System: Can I have just one freebie so I can run over Dane Cook with a bus?