Weekend Question Thread

What embarrassing song do you secretly love?

I have an awful lot of Ke$ha on my running playlist.

18 thoughts on “Weekend Question Thread

1. Jay in Oregon says:

Hmm. It’s either “Barbie Girl” by Aqua or anything off ofAbba-esque by Erasure.

2. Misha says:

I love Whale. Rememberthis? (At least it’s not “Young, Dumb N’ Full of Cum.”) I still own a copy ofWe Care&#8212and listen to it often enough to savor the less-embarrassing stuff, like“Pay For Me”.

3. Adrastos says:

I have a weakness for well-constructed pop songs, which means I *love* 4 or 5 Journey tunes. They were very uncool in my day.

4. MichaelF says:

When I’m drunk enough I’ll listen to Rock Me Gently by Andy Kim…but I have to be blotto or damn close…

5. OMG. Ke$ha. She’s from Nashville. I think her whole “I get drunk on Jack’s and pass out in my own puke” schtick is the stupidest gimmick ever.
    I do have a shit ton of Amy Grant on my iPod. That’s pretty embarrassing.

6. joejoejoe says:

‘Sometimes It’s a Bitch’ by Stevie Nicks. Written by Jon Bon Jovi!

7. Alger says:

Have you ever heard the rest of the Modern English discography? Life in the Madhouse is mandatory.

8. Alger says:

That was supposed to be Gladhouse, not madhouse.

9. BlackSheep0ne says:

“My Sharona” and “Hot Child in the City”. Further deponent sayeth not.

i do not have an i pod. so, and most of my music is schizophrenic. mariah carry? madonna? i think that’s the most cheesy i have.

11. Linkmeister says:

Best of Manilow.

12. RAM says:

I can’t remember the title right now but it’s on my “The Very Best of Neil Diamond” CD, which I have to hide from my children when they come over. They’ve been looking for it for years to give it a decent burial. They accuse me of being like an alcoholic hiding bottles of gin all over the house.

13. FeralLiberal says:

It’s pretentious, bombastic, overblown, and at times ridiculous but I still enjoy Jethro Tull’s “Thick as a Brick”

14. Tommy T says:

“Eternal flame” – Bangles.
    Tommy

15. Elspeth Ravenwind says:

When it’s on the radio, I can’t help but listen to LMFAO, whether it’s “I’m sexy and I know it” or “party rock”. The former, because I sense the tongue in cheek-ness (though, sadly, it’s a self-deluding mantra to the many mondo dismos out there), and the latter due to the dancing hamsters in the Kia soul ads… However, I will NOT apologize or feel guilty for my love of 80s music.

16. Abo gato says:

“We Built This City”…and I’m not sad to admit it.

17. robertearle says:

I don’t like anything ‘secretly’.
    I like what I like, loud and proud!

18. Linkmeister wins with Best of Manilow.
    Hands down!