Your Favorite?

OK what’s your favorite Beatles’ song?

The Beatles’ didn’t write this one of course but I remember spending a bit of time learning to play it and it was such a fun song to play.

11 thoughts on “Your Favorite?

1. virgotex says:

Across the Universe

2. dancinfool says:

My favorite Beatles song?
    “In My Life”

3. scout says:

Oooh I love In My Life.
    Sheesh I’m going to be saying that a lot on this thread I think. So many great songs…

4. dancinfool says:

And of course, anything from Abbey Road…

5. Michael says:

I am the Walrus…

6. Thomas says:

I also have a soft spot in my heart for this song (though the Liverpudlian pronunciation “..but I never sore..” still makes me chuckle.) I’m a sucker for their ballads, and if I had to, I’d pick “And I Love Her.”

7. mark1147 says:

Got to Get You Into My Life
    … and so many others from “Revolver”

8. BuggyQ says:

Her Majesty. It’s especially funny after watching The Queen.

9. BuggyQ says:

Oh, and You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away, largely because of that part of Help. George was so damned cute.
    And has anybody seen the godawful movie Sgt. Pepper’s, etc.? The one with the BeeGees? You didn’t miss much, but there is one thing about it I loved. They used Carry That Weight as the song while they carried Strawberry Fields’ coffin. I always loved that song, and after seeing that, I always think of it during funerals. The Beatles’ version, that is.
    Damn, scout, just *one*?

10. anonymouse69 says:

Too many great songs from which to choose just one–I’d have to break it down to my favorite song by each member. So here goes:
    John Lennon: “Revolution (the 45 rpm single version)”
    Paul McCartney: “Blackbird” (although, for some reason, I’m tempted to list “Helter Skelter”, just because it showed how hard he could RAWK!)
    George Harrison: “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” (just because I play guitar)
    Ringo Starr: Well, to cheat a bit, my favorite Ringo song is actually post-Beatles: “It Don’t Come Easy”
    Wait! Wait! Can I change my selections? So many great songs. . .