Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – The 47% Solution edition

Good morning, gentle people – I was going to do a “putrid potporri” edition, but as the wheels comtinue to come off the crazy train (how’s that for mixing your metaphors?), some current events have the Freeperati more stirred up than a bad martini.

Into your suits, everyone Southern Beale, please check the containment seals, because I’m about to open up a drum of I feel so inar-inar-inar-inar-inar-inar–tic-u-late!

blockquote>Ryan: Romney was ‘obviously inarticulate’ in fundraiser comments

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/09/ryan-romney-was-obviously-inarticulate-in-fundraiser-135955.html?hp=r1 ^

Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:31:34 AM by timlot

Asked what he thought of Romney’s remarks, Ryan told the Nevada
station: “He was obviously inarticulate in making this point.” Ryan went
on to say the point the Republicans are making is that, under the Obama
economy, government dependency is up and economic stagnation is up.

Asked
if he thought Romney regrets the remarks, Ryan says he thinks Romney
would have said it differently, adding, “that’s for sure.”

posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:31:38 AM
by timlot
Oh, my.

To: timlot

STOP APOLOGIZING, MAN UP AND STAND BY YOUR COMMENTS, DAMMIT!

posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:33:13 AM
by NRA1995
(I’ll cling to my religion, cigars and guns till they’re pried from my cold dead fingers!)
I’m sorry – couldn’t hear that. Could you type a bit louder, please?

To: timlot

How to take a GREAT speech line and stomp it into the ground until dead 101!

posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:37:14 AM
by EGPWS
(Trust in God, question everyone else)
Yes, boys and girls – the Freeperati think that Mitten’s blurting out of the wingnut “victims” screed was a good speech. They’ve become pretty much untethered from reality at this point.
Their grip was always tenuous, but now not only do they discount everything outside The Bubble, but have forgotten that anything outside The Bubble exists. Their world is complete.

To: timlot

Prime material for a Campaign ad.

posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:47:37 AM
by HotKat
(Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason. Mark Twain)
That’s pretty much what I was thinking.

To: timlot

Paul Ryan said WHAT??

WaynesWorldDouchbags

blockquote>

What is WRONG with so many Conservatives when it comes to just OPENLY
EMBRACING and DEFENDING Limited Government and a free market for free
people?

They need to just DO it, and stop being such pusillanimous WIMPS!

posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:50:10 AM
by NH Liberty
(“For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus…” [1 Timothy 2:5])

To: txrangerette
I am a moocher. I don’t pay income tax.

Because my social
security benefits are not taxable and the earned interest income off my
savings are below taxable levels, I don’t pay taxes.

There are a
lot of retired people who don’t pay income tax or pay a relatively
small amount of income tax on interest income who will be in a world of
hurt when Romney and the GOP start taxing SS benefits.

posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:25:02 AM
by Ben Ficklin
BanHimCannon

To: timlot

” – – – Ryan says he thinks Romney would have said it differently, adding, “that’s for sure.” – – – “

The election-winning topic of Marxist Redistribution of Wealth has
been delivered to you on a Silver Platter by David Corn of the Liberal
Agenda Media, and you Ryan, choose to stab Romney in the back?

The Liberal Agenda Media spent all day yesterday telling their
Liberal audiences that 47 % of Voters pay NO Personal Federal Income
taxes. What a great promotion they performed for us Conservatives, and
you stab Romney in the back?

Get on board the Smack-Down Express, Ryan, or shut your mouth!

posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2012 9:25:29 AM
by Graewoulf
((Traitor John Roberts’ Obama”care” violates Sherman Anti-Trust Law, AND the U.S. Constitution.))
More after the linky thingy..

Next 47%-related thread:

Live Thread: Romney to Speak to Press Tonight About ‘47% Video’ Comments

Monday, September 17, 2012
| Kristinn

Posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:09:29 PM by kristinn

Political reporters on Twitter are saying they are standing by for a Romney media availability on the video released today by Mother Jones
of Romney at a May fundraiser speaking frankly of his thoughts on
Obama’s base voters and their entitlement mentality, aka the 47% who pay
no federal income taxes.

The media and GOP-E have jumped ugly on Romney tonight.

Steve Holland, Reuters:
Romney at press avail to respond to video says his comments weren’t
“elegantly stated,” and “could have said it in a more effective way.”

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:09:33 PM
by kristinn
To: kristinn

Why??????? He said nothing wrong. Who in the HELL is advising this guy?

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:10:40 PM
by RushIsMyTeddyBear
(Great vid by ShorelineMike! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOZjJk6nbD4&feature=plcp)
The PNAC pack – who else could fuck up this two-car funeral?
Of Romney’s forty identified foreign policy advisers, more than 70 percent worked for Bush. Many hail from the neoconservative wing of the party, were enthusiastic backers of the Iraq War and are proponents of a US or Israeli attack on Iran.
Christopher Preble, a foreign policy expert at the Cato Institute,
says, “Romney’s likely to be in the mold of George W. Bush when it comes
to foreign policy if he were elected.” On some key issues, like Iran,
Romney and his team are to the right of Bush. Romney’s embrace of the neoconservative cause — even if done cynically to woo the right — could turn into a policy nightmare if he becomes president.

To: Sarah Barracuda

We are the 53%.

Bwahaha

How much longer do we have the carry the rest on our tired backs?

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:12:32 PM
by HereInTheHeartland
(Encourage all of your Democrat friends to get out and vote on November 7th, the stakes are high.
TinyViolin

To: kristinn
If this is true, he must have info that this is hurting him;
You know, when you’re more clueless about the real world than Mitt Romney, it says a lot about you – and none of it very good.

to make a appearance or a statement. From the statement out there, it comes across as insulting. He needs every vote. Imo.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:13:52 PM
by Christie at the beach
(I like Newt.)

To: freepertoo

He had better not apologize.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:14:27 PM
by stanne
Or what?
You going to ask for your campaign contribution of $0.00 back?

To: kristinn

No matter what you feel about his comments on that video this
situation is NOT good. Remove your bias and understand the MSM is out
for the kill. There is too much fodder for the media such that they can
eliminate his chances in a very close race. Swing states like FL will
easily fall out of reach because of this video. It only takes a few
percentage points to move away from him.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:16:18 PM
by BlueStateRightist
BanHimRomney

To: kristinn

This is a winner for Romney. Even retired seniors, who he needs,
collecting social security were for the most part lifetime taxpayers who
see themselves as makers, not takers. As for the takers he’s not
getting any of their votes anyway.I see no downside to this.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:17:09 PM
by jwalsh07
(.)
Bubbleboy

To: jwalsh07

People on Social Security are not takers — they had money taken
from them, without their consent all their working lives. The government
is the taker.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:21:05 PM
by freepertoo

BanHimManchurian

To: Christie at the beach

If this is true, he must have info that this is hurting him;

Yup. He told the truth but it will still badly hurt him.He just gave
obama and his media lap dogs a warehouse full of ammunition. It does
come across as insulting.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:21:36 PM
by chessplayer
That reminds me –where has mister Jim Im’a-kick-all-the-homosexulaist-Romney-supportersoff-the-board Robinson been lately?
Has there been a palace putsch?

To: Christie at the beach

The comment about people not paying income taxes is particularly
stupid. After all there are a lot of hard working people who don’t pay
income taxes due to exemptions for dependents.

Back when I was married and had 3 kids at home you can damn well bet I
took every exemption I could get and I earned every penny. I worked 12
hours 6 and 7 days a week for it but apparently would have been unworthy
of voting for Mitt Saint Jesus.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:26:01 PM
by cripplecreek
(What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?)
BanHimRocketChair

To: concerned about politics

Even retired seniors, who he needs, collecting social security
were for the most part lifetime taxpayers who see themselves as makers,
not takers.

They were FORCED to pay into SS. They have every right to collect on it. They’re the only ones who do!

Yes, they have every right to collect it.But his statement makes it
look like they are nothing but lazy leeches. Damn. Sometimes he just
needs to keep his mouth shut. Election is only about 7 weeks away now,
and this is really going to hurt him. He’s just given the media a months
worth of talking points.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:28:29 PM
by chessplayer
BanHim6

To: kristinn

Greta Show on Fox now.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:22:46 PM
by mojo114
(Pray for our military)
Oh – my mistake – I thoought this was supposed to be a press conference, not a half-and-half quickie.

To: ez

“Sorry, but unlike the Democrats, I don’t beleive in a lifetime, generation after generation, of government dependence.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:24:50 PM
by ez
(When you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail.)

To: ez

He said that? Way to go Mitt!

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:26:11 PM
by backwoods-engineer
(My game is disruption. I will use lethal force –my vote– in self-defense against Obama.)

To: backwoods-engineer

WHUT! MITTT said that…WOW …GO Mitt GO

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:27:05 PM
by Texas4ever

To: backwoods-engineer

Wait Mitt said that?? Im in the other room away from the TV..if Romney said that DAMN that is EXCELLENT!!! DONT BACK DOWN MITT

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:29:02 PM
by Sarah Barracuda
Fireworks
And then…

To: backwoods-engineer

My bad.. I was suggesting what he SHOULD say.

posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:30:34 PM
by ez
(When you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail.)

To: familyop

I think they put this out now because Obama was starting to get killed on the Middle East demonstrations.

117
posted on Monday, September 17, 2012 9:39:30 PM
by ez
(When you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail.)

Benghazi, Libya (CNN) — Ten days after four Americans were
killed in their Libyan city, hundreds marched in Benghazi and took over the
headquarters of a radical Islamist group tied to the attack.

Thousands of protesters had taken
to the street earlier Friday, loudly declaring that they — and not those behind
last week’s deadly attack — represent the real sentiments of the Libyan
people.

“I am sorry, America,” one man
said. “This is the real Libya.”

In the evening, an offshoot of
several hundred people then headed toward the headquarters for Ansar al-Sharia,
a loosely connected radical Islamist group.

As militia members fled, the
protesters torched a vehicle and took over the group’s building without firing a
single shot. Some of those involved claimed to have freed at least 20 captives
held inside, and expressed their intent to assume control over other Ansar
al-Sharia buildings.

Oops-a-daisy.

ExplodingCigar

OK – that’s enough for this go-round.

Some medical news for those who expressed concern.

It’s tendonitis from doing a left-click sprint for 8 hours (that’s a marathon, BTW) last Labor Day, and not carpal tunnel.

They’ve put me on bonzo steroids to bring the joint inflammation down, and I’m off work until Thursday.

So – here’s some doggie and kitteh pictures to partially repay for your readership and concern.

Bailey – saying “What??”

BaileyWhat

Brillo, bounding:

BrilloBounding

Bailey, Brillo, and Precious Kitty lined up in the hallway, waiting for pets be be handed out (I’m the CPO – Chief Petting Officer)

BaileyBrilloPrecious

And finally, Bailey again, in a typical pose.

Asleep, tongue out, and snoring:

BaiileyAsleep

Like this:

Like Loading...
Tagged , , , , ,

11 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – The 47% Solution edition

Hello Tommy. Selfishly I’m glad to see you back. But please make sure to keep playing by the doc’s advice (above all, don’t want the inflammed tendon fusing to the finger bones causing trigger finger or similar). Hope I didn’t cause you a problem by mentioning carpal tunnel as an RSI that most folks have heard of and could realize the need for proper treatment.
    RE your post: I’ve got to admit that I am very, very, very, very confused by the reactions to the 47% speech. You have Romney who will only release his taxes for a very limited time. The ones he releases show that he made tons of money and would have paid less than 10% but he fudged the numbers to make him pay 13%. Of course he can always file an amended return. IANAL, but I am comfortable that he knows of any time limits and any methods he can use to stop the clock from ticking. I also note that these calculations are based on his US Tax filings. I can’t help but wonder if he has income the American government will never know about.
    Combine this with Romney repeatedly declaring that he paid at least 10%; Romney repeatedly saying that he paid plenty of taxes, more than he should have; and a family making less than $ 100k paying at near the max rate.
    1)He says he is for creating jobs (well who isn’t – or at least who isn’t dumb enough not to say that). What about taking just taking the difference from what he paid and what he would pay at 25% (not even the top tax rate) and using that 15% of his income as a charity to create jobs.? It would be another tax deduction for him. He could use the money to underwrite start-up businesses (a good conservative use of the money).
    2) First thing I learned when I was working for the government is that there is NEVER any such thing as speaking off the record. The microphone is ALWAYS on. Kind of inept for Romney to have said what he did.
    3) His remark on the eloquence of the words reminds me of the South Park where Mr. Cartmenez taught a bunch of inner city kids the “White Man’s Method” of getting ahead by cheating.
    When a professional?football? coach was caught violating the rules of the league, he didn’t cave in. He just said “I must have misunderstood the rules.” Everybody repeat together, I must have misunderstood … And don’t forget, you said I cheated but look at the scoreboard – it says that I’m ahead.
    At best, this is what he really believes and says in unguarded moments. In national speeches he has his speech writers hide it behind sophistry.
    3) Then the reactions to it. People saying he should have said it (and not realizing that they’re part of the ones that will be paying more taxes). People saying he really didn’t say it (uh, look at the video?). Also saw an article vaguely saying that an investigation could be underway as the way the video was taken could violate Florida Law.

2. Kibitzer 2006 says:

Tommy–
    I’m glad your hand is on the mend. You’ll need it for the next 41 days (not to mention 11/07/12).
    FWIW, the Freepi are currently debating whether Mitt’s idea of roll-down windows in airplanes was: a joke, a simple lack of experience, proof that he’s an idiot, or a brilliant suggestion. Anyway, they’re unified that the media would never report such a gaffe by Obama.
    –Kibitzer

3. Tommy T says:

Kibitzer – I’m on it.
    This, of course, is ALSO good news for John McCain.
    And speaking of not being able to see outside the bubble:
    Tommy

4. gratuitous says:

Yes, it’s all the media’s fault, but you gotta know that this is nothin’ but GOOD NEWS for John McCain!

5. iceblue2 says:

They must be reading First-Draft.… Who in the HELL is advising this guy?, either that or A is secretly posting there as ‘kristinn’

6. Kibitzer 2006 says:

So I guess Tommy is skeptical of “unskewed” polls (as in reweighting the raw results to reflect the demographic and political composition of the population inside the South Freepistan bubble). Me? I’m waiting for the “unskewed” results on 11/7/12. I’m betting they’ll show Romney d. Obama, 63-37. Should be fun.
    –Kibitzer

7. David Terrenoire says:

And it’s all the media’s fault. Of course.

8. Scott S. says:

A bit disappointing that so many of them are blaming the media for Mitt’s many problems, instead of Mitt himself or the toxic Republican Party. But I suppose introspection, honesty, self-awareness, and shame are too much to ask for from the freepers…

9. Tommy T says:

“Wheels are coming off” / “Crazy Train”.
    🙂
    Tommy

10. Jude says:

I don’t get what metaphors are mixed. Trains have wheels. They’re those round things that roll on the train tracks.

11. left rev., proud cheesehead says:

I gotta love the whole I KNOW he wasn’t talking about me (even though I don’t pay taxes) but it SOUNDS insulting to me.
    He absolutely was taking about you, dollface. Embrace the suck.