Bo Pelini Channels Ashley Morris

My late, much missed friend Ashley Morris was as famous for his profane vocabulary as First Draft’s very own potty mouthed miscreant, Jude. They both have a lot in common with Nebraska football coach Bo Pelini who lost his shit after losing to UCLA in 2011.The recording was just leaked to Deadspin. Why? Because the Cornhusker faithful want Bo shitcanned:

In the
recording, Pelini is talking to Sharpe and to a woman whose identity
we’ve been unable to determine. Pelini initially seems upset with an
unknown person who works at the Omaha World-Herald, whom he calls “a piece of shit.” [Update (5:31 p.m.): As another reader has since noted, Pelini wasn’t happy with the World-Herald‘s Dirk Chatelain during his presser after the Ohio State game. Pelini had been angry about this Chatelain column.] Pelini then begins venting about World-Herald
columnist Tom Shatel: “Fuck him, too. Fuck him. That’s what I’m going
to tell him. He wants to walk out after my press conference? I’m gonna
say, ‘Get the fuck away from me. I’m done with you, motherfucker.’ I’m
done with him.”

All of that
is just the prelude to Pelini’s message for the Huskers’ fans: “It took
everything in my power to not say, ‘Fuck you, fans. Fuck all of you.’
Fuck ’em.” After Sharpe says a lot of students had left at halftime, the
woman starts to say that people did return to their seats. Pelini
interjects: “Our crowd. What a bunch of fucking fair-weather
fucking—they can all kiss my ass out the fucking door. ‘Cause the day is
fucking coming now. We’ll see what they can do when I’m fucking gone.
I’m so fucking pissed off.”

Fuckin’ A to Z with Bo Fucking Pelini. Bo knows how to cuss. I’m surprised he didn’t call the fans Cornholers. He missed a golden opportunity there, y’all…

7 thoughts on “Bo Pelini Channels Ashley Morris

Oh,
    the Forbes 2013 list of the 400 richest americans includes 32 sports team owners, 14 are NFL owners. Three of these billionaires are in the process of trying to get their cities to fund new stadiums and/or massive renovations.

I don’t understand a central point here (and what becomes a central point in way too many business scandals ranging on up to fighting in a war). Namely that the fans shoot root for the team no matter what.
    If a true fan sees something counterproductive, shouldn’t they point it out?
    And when the fans who are supposed to offer fandom at all costs are up against team owners extorting money from the cities to build Taj Mahal stadiums so the ticket prices can be raised beyond all reason (as well as arranging the stadium for rooms that companies can pay millions for), why is it surprising that the fans loose their emotional attachment to the team.
    Blurb from NPR just this evening was that teams were looking at moving their ticket sells from the cheaper services and transfer their sales to other companies so that they could raise the prices.

3. mellowjohn says:

reminds me of manager lee elia’s famous rant about cub fans:
    Listen to the complete Lee Elia Tirade here
    Lee Elia Tirade”Fuck those fuckin’ fans who come out here and say they’re Cub fans that are supposed to be behind you rippin’ every fuckin’ thing you do. I’ll tell you one fuckin’ thing, I hope we get fuckin’ hotter than shit, just to stuff it up them 3,000 fuckin’ people that show up every fuckin’ day, because if they’re the real Chicago fuckin’ fans, they can kiss my fuckin’ ass right downtown and PRINT IT.
    “They’re really, really behind you around here… my fuckin’ ass. What the fuck am I supposed to do, go out there and let my fuckin’ players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the fuckin’ nickel-dime people who turn up? The motherfuckers don’t even work. That’s why they’re out at the fuckin’ game. They oughta go out and get a fuckin’ job and find out what it’s like to go out and earn a fuckin’ living. Eighty-five percent of the fuckin’ world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here. A fuckin’ playground for the cocksuckers. Rip them motherfuckers. Rip them fuckin’ cocksuckers like the fuckin’ players. we got guys bustin’ their fuckin’ ass, and them fuckin’ people boo. And that’s the Cubs? My players get around here. I haven’t seen it this fuckin’ year. Everybody associated with this organization have been winners their whole fuckin’ life. Everybody. And the credit is not given in that respect.
    “Alright, they don’t show because we’re 5 and 14… and unfortunately, that’s the criteria of them dumb 15 motherfuckin’ percent that come out to day baseball. The other 85 percent are earning a living. I tell you, it’ll take more than a 5 and 12 or 5 and 14 to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that. There’s some fuckin’ pros out there that wanna win. But you’re stuck in a fuckin’ stigma of the fuckin’ Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals and all that cheap shit. It’s unbelievable. It really is. It’s a disheartening fuckin’ situation that we’re in right now. Anybody who was associated with the Cub organization four or five years ago that came back and sees the multitude of progress that’s been made will understand that if they’re baseball people, that 5 and 14 doesn’t negate all that work. We got 143 fuckin’ games left.
    “What I’m tryin’ to say is don’t rip them fuckin’ guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my fuckin’ ass. But don’t rip them fuckin’ guys ’cause they’re givin’ everything they can give. And right now they’re tryin’ to do more than God gave ’em, and that’s why we make the simple mistakes. That’s exactly why.”

4. idiosynchronic says:

The wife, a Nebraska native, is unimpressed. “Tom Osborne was filthier. Everyone in Lincoln knew it.”

5. adrastos says:

@MellowJohn: I remember that. The little fucker got fired and that was one reason. He also couldn’t manage his way out of a paper bag or plastic for that matter.
    @Idio: I feel ya. I assume that Osborne didn’t attack the fans. Otherwise he wouldn’t have gotten elected to Congress.

6. thebewilderness says:

Shocked and horrified to discover that the people watching the game were just a bunch of people who came to watch a game and not fanatics after all.
    That happens a lot these days.

7. Robert Earle says:

Oh, my.
    I am feeling layers upon layers on schadenfreude. It is like waves echoing off rocks and coming in from multiple directions, swelling and ebbing and swelling again.