Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Cold Turkey edition

Well, this was an extremely interesting week over at Free Republic, I must say.

Let’s get right to it, shall we?

(composite thread)

REPORT: Turkish War Planes Strike Kurdish Targets in Northern Syria
GP ^ | 10/07/2019 | Cristina Laila

Posted on 10/7/2019, 4:16:25 PM by mplc51

Turkish war planes carried out airstrikes against Kurdish targets at the Semalka border crossing between Syria and Iraq.

Shortly before the air strike, US defense officials shut down Northern Syria airspace to Turkey in a statement to Anadolu.

“DOD spokesperson confirms the CAOC has pulled Turkey off the air tasking order and stopped the ISR feed, meaning Turkey is effectively cut out of the airspace along the border with Syria.”

“Turkish artillery bombards PKK/YPG targets in Malikiyah,” reported Israeli journalist Amichai Stein.

President Trump earlier Monday morning warned Turkey, a NATO ally, that he would destroy their economy if they did anything Trump “considers to be off” in a pair of tweets.

TRUMP: As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!

1 posted on 10/7/2019, 4:16:25 PM by mplc51

Aaand – we’re off!

To: mplc51

“… I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!). They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory. THE USA IS GREAT!”

Smells like a pile of bovine excrement.

Doesn’t it, now?

POTUS doesn’t talk this way, it’s likely an exaggeration by locals opposed to the US.

5 posted on 10/7/2019, 4:25:25 PM by Hostage (Article V)

“POTUS doesn’t talk this way”
Where the hell have you been for the last three years?
To: Hostage
I just checked his twitter feed. This was taken exactly as he posted it.

FWIW, I think the “in my great and unmatched wisdom” is just more trolling of the opposition.

7 posted on 10/7/2019, 4:27:29 PM by TigersEye (This is the age of the death of reason.)

At this point, the Freeperati start casting around for justifications:
To: xkaydet65

in my great and unmatched wisdom

This is dad humor, and a subtle way of saying (not to his opposition, but to normal people with common sense): “ya’ll just chill out, I’m acting in America’s interests”.

25 posted on 10/7/2019, 5:14:05 PM by scottinoc
Ah – yeah.
Because if there’s one thing The Darnold is famous for, it’s his self-deprecating sense of humour.
To: scottinoc

He is my Pres, not my dad. Someimes he just has to grow up and understand it’s not the Howard Stern Show.

26 posted on 10/7/2019, 5:29:27 PM by xkaydet65

Good luck with that.
To: Reno89519

So we are siding with the Turks over the Kurds that protected and provided shelter for Syrian Christians? Yikes.

21 posted on 10/9/2019, 4:45:02 PM by Sam Gamgee

NoShitSherlock
Of course,  when in doubt…
To: Zhang Fei
Bomb them, Turkey!
posted on 10/12/2019, 10:29:19 PM by ConservativeMind (Trump: Befuddling Democrats, Republicans, and the Media for the benefit of the US and all mankind.)
And the response :
To: ConservativeMind
“My comments stand.”
********************
Yes indeed, your comment “Bomb them, Turkey” stands as evidence of your ignorance and your cruelty.

Your new good buddies the Turks have been subverting America’s and the West’s interests for several decades. And what have the Syrian Kurds done to America or you in particular? Did they do something for you to jubilantly cheer on the Turks to bomb them. You embarrass yourself and make me ashamed that you are a fellow FReeper. I find your attitude and your heartlessness to be REPUGNANT,

23 posted on 10/13/2019, 12:01:17 AM by House Atreides (Boycott the NFL 100% — PERMANENTLY)

OtherwiseOkMandy
More cold Turkey at the link below…

To: BeauBo

Usually I’m on Trump’s side. But this is a bad move. It didn’t take much to protect the Kurds. All we had to do was to flex our muscles.Oh well.

5 posted on 10/9/2019, 3:40:12 PM by MinorityRepublican
Oh well.
To: BeauBo

…..also, as I understand it, exactly 50 US troops are the ones everyone is whining about being “moved” not exactly sent home!

6 posted on 10/9/2019, 3:40:38 PM by zerosix (native sunflower)

To: zerosix

exactly 50 US troops are the ones everyone is whining about

Which upends Trumps argument that this is about saving 8 trillion dollars.

23 posted on 10/9/2019, 4:46:09 PM by Sam Gamgee

Picky, picky, picky.
So – what the hell do you guys expect The Darnold to do, anyway?
To: Gen.Blather

He could lob tomahawk missiles into downtown Istanbul.

25 posted on 10/9/2019, 4:47:13 PM by Sam Gamgee

Wait for it…….
To: Sam Gamgee

He could lob tomahawk missiles into downtown Istanbul.

He might hit his hotel.

29 posted on 10/9/2019, 5:12:02 PM by DoodleDawg
Heh.
And, of course :
To: mass55th
>>A lot of good British forces, which included Indian troops, Anzac and French troops died fighting the Turks in WWI. I hope Turkey takes it in the shorts

Sure, but it’s not like the Kurds were helping us with the invasion of Normandy.

37 posted on 10/9/2019, 9:28:39 PM by oincobx

Of course, there IS an easy solution :
To: Zhang Fei

The Kurds need to move to Saudi Arabia.

2 posted on 10/12/2019, 10:27:23 PM by Berlin_Freeper

Easy peasy.
Talk to you good people next Monday.
Oh – and everybody at First Draft has been capping their posts with a musical accompaniment these days, sooooo:
Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

One thought on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – Cold Turkey edition

1. Snarki, Child of Loki says:

Needz moar “Was it over when the Turks attacked Pearl Harbor?”

Liked by 2 people