Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – The Godfodder edition

Yeah – yeah. I know I was going to take a short break from Freeperville, but…

Let’s make it a short one, anyway – starting with “I sowwy.”

Capitol rioter Garret Miller says he was following Trump’s orders, apologizes to AOC for threat
cnbc.com ^ | January 25, 2021 | Dan Mangan

Posted on 1/25/2021, 7:30:00 PM by lowbridge

A Texas man charged with invading the Capitol and threatening Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Monday that he was effectively following then-President Donald Trump’s orders when he joined a mob that stormed Congress on Jan. 6.

Garret Miller also apologized to Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., for writing “Assassinate AOC” in a Twitter post. He said he would be willing to testify to Congress or in a trial about the riot.

-snip

MIller is one of dozens of people charged with participating in the riot, which began shortly after Trump held a rally outside the White House, where he urged supporters to pressure Congress to reject the election of Joe Biden as president.

In a statement released by defense attorney Clinton Broden, Miller said he had been motivated by Trump’s false claims about having been cheated out of reelection by ballot fraud and said, “I am ashamed of my comments.”

U.S. could be headed for an era of increased political violence: Hayden Center

“I was in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021, because I believed I was following the instructions of former President Trump and he was my president and the commander-in-chief. His statements also had me believing the election was stolen from him,” Miller said.

“Nevertheless, I fully recognize Joe Biden is now the President of the United States and that the election is over. Donald Trump is no longer president and I would not have any reason to continue to follow his lead.”

“While I never intended to harm Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez nor harm any members of the Capitol police force, I recognize that my social media posts were completely inappropriate. They were made at a time when Donald Trump had me believing that an American election was stolen,” he said

1 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:30:00 PM by lowbridge
To: lowbridge

This is like those in the USSR under Stalin when they would “spontaneously” shout out how terrible they were and how socialism had saved them.

4 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:32:28 PM by frogjerk (I will not do business with fascists)

Nice tagline you have there. Does that mean you’re “antifa”?
And WTF is it with you nitwits and Russia, anyway?
For the last four years you’ve been praising The Darnold for fellating Vladimir Putin, a KGB tool who murdered and lied his way to the top, but when you think it makes sense (it doesn’t) you refer to the things he did on a regular basis as bad.
Make up your fucking minds.
To: lowbridge
I smell BS from this one.

That’s the smell of your post.

President Trump never said or suggested any such thing.

He was just joking about “if you don’t fight like hell you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

Also about having the mob go to the Capitol. What a kidder

Perhaps he meant Madonna, or one of the other liberal celebrities, or that play in New York, that suggest violence against President Trump.

6 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:33:04 PM by freeandfreezing

He wanted Madonna to go to the Capitol and “fight like hell”? Or a “play in New York”?   That’s quite a commute.

Must have missed that in the transcript.

To: lowbridge

This scumbag will now get a pass.

7 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:33:07 PM by Mariner (War Criminal #18)

I know – I know you like scumbags who don’t get caught.

CNBC.

Need more be said?

14 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:35:18 PM by Da Coyote

So he didn’t say that at his hearing? Interesting rationalization. You can stop shooting the messenger now, I think.
To: lowbridge

Seems to me FBI and media are planting evidence. This is the second person who has claimed they were “following Trump’s orders” on Jan 6.

Maybe because it’s only the second one they tracked down and caught? Hmmmm….

We will see this used as evidence in the sham impeachment trial.

18 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:36:30 PM by cockroach_magoo

Is the sham wow guy going to testify? Or is he in the adjacent cell?
To: Eagle of Liberty

“ Learn up on this guy now…false flag brewing. Probably a plea deal in there somewhere…”

False flag or Quisling. One of the two.

40 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:45:17 PM by jdsteel (“A Republic, Madam, if you can keep it.” Sorry Ben, looks like we blew it.)

See? These mental defectives are incapable of blaming The Darnold for anything. Even when it has his grubby fingerprints all over it.
To: Mariner

This guy was probably a plant in the first place .

42 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:47:38 PM by katykelly

Plants are more intelligent.
To: lowbridge

QAnon Shaman following Trump’s orders.Insurrectionists were following Trump’s orders.

Now this guy was also “following Trump’s orders.”

Think we just found the House Democrats’ prosecution strategy.

44 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:47:48 PM by cockroach_magoo
Ya think?
To: lowbridge

I had a friend once who told me minimum security prisons are no laughing matter.

He said on day one, either become someones (girlfriend) or kick someone’s (Romney).

58 posted on 1/25/2021, 7:58:15 PM by Eddie01

Oh dear.
To: lowbridge

Fake, fake, fake. Why would a Trump supporter want AirheadOCommie dead?

65 posted on 1/25/2021, 8:28:24 PM by bray (Pray for fake President Biden)

Why indeed? Preposterous!

More stupid below the fold :

Suddenly, a Freeper says the quiet part out loud :
To: lowbridge

I have several friends that are worked up enough, that had they been in Washington on January 6th, I have no doubt they would have participated in the Capitol attack.To a person, not one of them would utter the statements this guy is making. I call BS.

75 posted on 1/25/2021, 8:55:13 PM by cincinnati65
So they would have broken into the Capitol and trashed the National Monument, but wouldn’t have flipped to get a lighter sentence.
Got it.
To: freeandfreezing

The Dems will cite his testimony as proof Trump incited the mob. Simple.

81 posted on 1/25/2021, 9:24:10 PM by griswold3 (Democratic Socialism is Slavery by Mob Rule)

To: lowbridge
Does this man look like a Trump supporter?
88 posted on 1/26/2021, 1:00:20 AM by jonrick46 ( Leftnicks chase illusions of motherships at the end of the pier.)
You’re joking, right?

Garret A. Miller is a white man from Texas, United States. Here are 13 more things about him:

1. He lives in Richardson, Dallas County, Texas. (a) (b)
  2. He is a Donald Trump supporter. (a)
  3. Wearing a red baseball hat with the words “Make America Great Again,” a backpack a balaclava around his neck while carying an American flag and a Trump flag, he went to the U.S. Capitol building in Washington, D.C., USA on January 6, 2021. That day, Trump’s supporters breached the building while a joint session of Congress was certifying the vote of the Electoral College and affirming Joe Biden‘s victory in the 2020 presidential election. At around 2:36 p.m., he was in the U.S. Capitol Rotunda. On the same day, he tweeted to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, “Assassinate AOC.” (a)
  4. During a social media discussion on January 10, 2021, he threatened the U.S. Capitol Police officer who fatally shot his fellow rioter Ashli Babbitt inside the U.S. Capitol building on January 6, 2021. He wrote, “We going to get a hold of (the U.S. Capitol Police officer) and hug his neck with a nice rope.” (a)
  5. He believed that Babbitt, who died at the age of 35, was a minor. (a)
  6. On January 11, 2021, he took to Facebook to share a photo of himself and another man taken inside the U.S. Capitol building on January 6, 2021. One individual commented, “bro you got in?! Nice!” He replied, “just wanted to incriminate myself a little lol.” (a)
  7. A Federal Bureau of Investigation task force officer filed a criminal complaint against him, which U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui signed on January 19, 2021. (a)
  8. He was arrested on January 20, 2021, the same day Biden and Kamala Harris were inaugurated as the 46th U.S. president and 49th U.S. vice president, respectively. He was 34 years old when he was arrested. (c)
  9. For his participation in the U.S. Capitol riot on January 6, 2021, he was charged with knowingly entering or remaining in any restricted buildings or grounds without lawful authority, violent entry and disorderly conduct on the U.S. Capitol grounds, obstructing or impeding any official proceeding; certain acts during civil disorder and making threats. (b)
  10. He is represented by Clinton Broden with Broden & Mickelsen LLP in Dallas.
  11. He takes responsibility for his actions taken on January 6, 2021 on behalf of his support for Trump and wants to move forward and put this behind him, Broden stated on the evening of January 22, 2021. (b)
To: lowbridge

Garret Miller of Richardson, Texas, was arrested Wednesday after spending the weeks since the riot chatting away online about his actions, including statements threatening the Capitol Police officer who shot one of the rioters, according to court documents.One hair-raising tweet directed at Queens Rep. AOC caught the eye of investigators.

On Jan. 6, shortly after the riot, AOC posted the word “Impeach,” on Twitter.

“Assassinate AOC,” Miller responded, using a now-suspended Twitter handle.

Sounds like a little weasel to me.

98 posted on 1/26/2021, 5:34:42 AM by McGruff
Finally, we agree on something!
Lastly, I’ve noted many many many times in the last four years how the “no offensive language” edict at Freeperville has eroded.
Six years ago, a Freeper would have gotten a suspension or an outright ban for posting things like “d**n” or “SOB”.
But of course, lately mods let posters use whatever cuss words they wanted.
Until now :
Reminder: No profanity, no personal attacks, no violence.

Posted on 1/24/2021, 1:31:27 PM by Jim Robinson

Reminder: No profanity, no personal attacks, no violence.

You agreed to this when you signed up for posting privileges.

This means leave off the the cussing and swear words. No f-bombs. No c-words, no sh-words, etc. Not even masked. If in a headline or article you’re preparing to post, bleep it out.

Do not tale the Lord’s name in vain.

Use common courtesy when posting. Do not post insults or personal attacks against your fellow FReepers. Do not engage in flamewars or feuds. If you find yourself falling into one, disengage immediately and move on. You don’t need to have the last word. Do not badger other posters. Do not demand an answer. If someone says stop, stop.

Do not enter onto a thread on a topic you don’t like just to disrupt, rattle cages, poke sticks, insult the regulars, or engage in trolling activities, etc.

Do not attempt to discover or expose a poster’s real life identity.

Do not post threats, threats of violence, death wishes, etc., not even hints of ill will, not even jokingly.

The FBI has no sense of humor.

1 posted on 1/24/2021, 1:31:27 PM by Jim Robinson
To: lowbridge

Sure sounds like a hostage statement.

78 posted on 1/25/2021, 9:10:17 PM by KJC1

Oops – my apologies.
That was a reply from the previous thread.
To: Fiddlstix

~Lighten Up Francis~

3 posted on 1/24/2021, 1:33:55 PM by Ndorfin (Kitties,titties, and fiddies oh, and no sickies)

To: Jim Robinson

You have let us run a bit wild profanity wise with all the sound and fury having a landslide stolen from us with nary a shot fired except them killing one of ours

I will cut back my profanity

9 posted on 1/24/2021, 1:37:34 PM by wardaddy ( IN 1999 JIM THOMPSON WAS RIGHT ABOUT THE BUSHES …WE WERE WRONG)

The fuck you say!
To: Jim Robinson

Wow. I agree. Sometimes I get pissed and say stuff I should. Sorry for being a breacher.

16 posted on 1/24/2021, 1:43:03 PM by spacejunkie2001

I’m getting mixed signals here….
To: Jim Robinson

Thank you Jim for posting this. As I had just, 10 minutes ago hit report abuse on yet another article with an F bomb found within.

I don’t know what’s wrong with so many Freepers who don’t seem to care how they violate conservative standards.

“Conservative standards” wins today’s oxymoron competition!

Maybe they are so hardened that when they see vulgarity they don’t even notice it.

22 posted on 1/24/2021, 1:45:06 PM by Responsibility2nd (Trump is a deposed Pres. in exile. America is truly a banana republic. Our govt. has been overthrown)

Hardened = pissed off because they’re on the losing side of history.
Comment #43 Removed by Moderator
To: Jim Robinson

“I hate it when the FBI knocks on my door or serves me a subpoena. Please spare me and maybe yourself from this very unpleasant experience.”

So, they’ve come a knockin?

If so, I was wondering when/how soon that was coming.

103 posted on 1/24/2021, 2:26:17 PM by crz

And guess what?
Your Freeper handle won’t hide anything from a subpoena.
To: Jim Robinson

Whoops…I just called Romney a turd on another post.

138 posted on 1/24/2021, 2:56:21 PM by ryderann

Turd World Problems.
To: Socon-Econ

Trump’s probably the most publicly foul mouthed president ever, and not by a little bit. I get the feeling that quoting him might not be a good idea now.

149 posted on 1/24/2021, 3:13:11 PM by Shadylake

Or ever….
So – are the Freeperati going to honour this edict?
Comment #208 Removed by Moderator
Comment #223 Removed by Moderator
Comment #230 Removed by Moderator
Comment #237 Removed by Moderator
Comment #248 Removed by Moderator
Comment #264 Removed by Moderator
Comment #283 Removed by Moderator
Comment #284 Removed by Moderator
Comment #287 Removed by Moderator
Comment #288 Removed by Moderator
Comment #289 Removed by Moderator
Comment #294 Removed by Moderator
To: wizwor
296 posted on 1/24/2021, 7:18:07 PM by MD Expat in PA (No. I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV. The MD in my screen name stands for Maryland)

IBTZ!!!

297 posted on 1/24/2021, 7:19:03 PM by proust (Justice delayed is injustice.)

WAY too late for that one.
And in conclusion –
Comment #348 Removed by Moderator
See you good people next Monday, probably.

4 thoughts on “Today on Tommy T’s Obsession with the Freeperati – The Godfodder edition

1. Snarki, child of Loki says:

Sounds like a lightning-freepathon is called for, to pay for all the costs of dealing with FBI subpoenas.

Well, unless the FBI just carts off the servers and returns them (checks watch), oh, NEVER?

• Tommy T says:

Well, the Freepathons are pretty much never-ending now. About two weeks go by between the end of one and the beginning of the next one.

2. Valvatotorez says:

Planting evidence is only something that non-feds do.